LIVE VIDEO PRODUCT MANAGER
M2A Media is a London based video tech company employing bright and passionate individuals who build great software for media workflows. Our clients are media organisations who want the speed, agility, flexibility and scale that public cloud solutions offer. In addition to offering great products we help our customers to break out of traditional ways of working and move to better integrated and automated workflows.
The M2A products are AWS cloud-based tools for complex video workflows. The primary focus is live video but VOD tools are also developed. The M2A Connect product controls acquiring. routing, enhancing and distributing transport streams using public cloud. M2A Live orchestrates live direct to consumer workflows and M2A VOD handles complex VOD OTT distribution workflows.
At M2A Media we focus on engineering and operational excellence. We have built a robust well-architected, multi-tenanted platform that can deliver 99.999% availability for live streams with exceptional video quality but also allows for continuous improvement and rapid feature delivery.
As the Live Video Product Manager at M2A Media you will be responsible for
defining our Live and Connect products and positioning them competitively in the marketplace. The role is responsible for leading the strategy, planning, design and ongoing functional excellence of these products. This includes
understanding the customer, knowing the competition, owning the value proposition and recognising the opportunities and benefits M2A Live and M2A Connect can deliver. It also means owning the design and functionality
of the products from concept to execution.
● Own the success of the Live and Connect M2A products
● Maintain a strategic roadmap for the Live and Connect products
● Communicate the Live and Connect product value propositions in written material, in presentations and in direct conversation
● Translate customer and marketplace needs into product strategy and features
● Define and prioritize development of new features both functional and non-functional.
● Remove roadblocks and find solutions to mitigate risks and issues when necessary
● Commission product research; collate and monitor customer feedback
● Contribute to marketing and sales materials and process
● Set the product pricing models
● Represent and promote M2A Media products at tech meetups and technical conferences
Essential Skills and Experience
● Significant experience of working as a product manager preferabley on media products
● Demonstrable experience in product delivery from strategy to realisation
● Good knowledge of industry standard product management skills, with proven delivery of successful products
● Sound financial knowledge including cost benefit analysis and forecasting
● Experience creating effective product marketing materials
● Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
● Prioritising delivery features for the product teams
● Ensuring the operational support and monitoring is in place for live running of services
● Acting as the point of escalation for delivery risks and issues and employing mitigation strategies
● Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate complex ideas or processes at all levels.
● Experience of using a variety of communication styles in order to secure stakeholder support
● Ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels;
Organisational / personal effectiveness
● Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external contacts
● Ability to deal with complexity, ambiguity and changes of business focus
● Ability to use your own initiative; a flexible and positive attitude; ability to present compelling arguments
● Able to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with difficult or confronting situations
Desirable Skills and Experience
● Experience of delivering media products ideally using AWS public cloud services
● Knowledge of online and IP video architecture and standards
M2A Media offers a stimulating work environment that encompasses flexible working and on-going career development, along with:
● 25 days holiday
● Medical insurance
● Dental insurance
● Travel insurance
● Life cover
● Company pension
● Flexible and remote working
● Company bike scheme
To apply for this role, please contact our CEO, Marina Kalkanis on firstname.lastname@example.org