At M2A Media, we develop cloud-based software solutions used in the online video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, including DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation, and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub, it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame-level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
At M2A Media, we recognise the importance of development and operational excellence, and our approach to building software puts you right at the centre of what we do. As a Technical Architect at M2A Media, you will act as a technical leader for customer engagements. This role requires significant client stakeholder engagement and, as such, is suited to a Technical Solution Architect that is experienced, personable and able to provide compelling solutions either face-face or increasingly over a video call.
What You’ll Do
– You will take the technical lead on customer deployment and integration projects.
– You will be the customer’s go-to expert on M2A products and the internal subject matter expert on the customer requirements for M2A technical teams.
– You will provide expert knowledge in areas such as video transcoding, system integration and cloud-based video workflows.
– You will define solutions to meet customer requirements leveraging M2A’s core products and services and augmenting with customer-specific modules and integrations.
– You will ensure that non-functional requirements are achieved by the deployed solution and oversee the validation and testing of these aspects.
– You will identify gaps in the M2A product suite and feed ‘new feature’ requests into the product development process.
– You will provide prospects and customers with proof of concept demonstrations.
– You will own the project backlog breakdown and support the sizing/costing of customer projects and identification/management of technical risks and issues.
– You will raise issues, evaluate new features and influence product feature requests with key technology partners/suppliers.
– Reports to M2A’s Head of Solution architecture.
– Receives work priorities from the Head of Customer Success.
– Briefs project work into Solution Engineering teams.
What You’ll Bring
– 3-5 years technical leadership experience as an architect or technical lead with full project lifecycle responsibilities across multiple successful projects
– Demonstrable track record of technical ownership of project workstream from requirements to implementation.
– Experience managing stakeholders from project staff to senior management
– Documenting technical requirements and communicating these to the software team
– Ability to make yourself understood to non-technical customers or customers with a different area of technical expertise
– Significant and demonstrable experience of scripting and programming languages
– Significant experience of broadcast / OTT video technologies such as HLS, MPEG Dash, MPEG Transport Streams, H.264, AAC
– Experience of working in an environment where projects have to be delivered to specific time-scalesKnowledge of SDLC in an agile environment
– Experience of cloud-based video workflows across playout and distribution
– Experience in video and audio encoding technologies, including AWS Media Tools, FFmpeg and other open-source audio-video tools
– Knowledge of modern DevOps techniques used to promote quality code to production
– Collaboration tools: JIRA, Confluence, Slack, GSuite
We are a friendly team of individuals passionate about building great products with collaboration, innovation and respect for each other. We have an inclusive environment and believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace and better products.
We promote a good work-life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social and sporting events organized within the team.
– 25 days holiday
– Medical insurance
– Dental insurance
– Travel insurance
– Life cover
– Company pension
– Flexible and remote working
– Company bike scheme
1. Informal call with our Talent Partner about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for each other.
2. Introductory call with our Head of Solution Architecture
3. An architecture case study task
4. Final interview with senior management
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.