Software Development Engineer In Test
At M2A Media we develop cloud-based software solutions used in the online video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, including DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame-level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
At M2A Media we recognize the importance of development and operational excellence and our approach to building software puts both right at the centre of what we do. As a Software Engineer specialising in software test automation at M2A Media you are responsible for ensuring quality of our systems to the highest standards through automated checking.
You will be responsible for applying software test frameworks, implementing test automation, performing checks, generating test reports for distributed audio/video processing, streaming & delivery systems on the AWS Cloud.
What You’ll Do
– Design, develop software test automation for component and system use cases.
– Draft automatable use case scenarios in BDD languages.
– Organise automated use cases in source code modules.
– Maintain CI/CD pipelines to execute the automated checks.
– Draft test plans, test cases, bug reports.
– Design and develop test harness softwares.
– User Interface testing, exploratory testing.
– Write Python code that is testable, performant, secure and of high quality.
– Work with engineers, architects, testers and DevOps to incrementally build and ship software to AWS cloud.
– Share knowledge and support team members.
– Get to know our business problems and gain specialist technical video and broadcast knowledge.
What You’ll Bring
– 2+ years experience building and maintaining software test automation.
– Experience drafting test plans, test cases, bug reports.
– Experience in UI testing with frameworks like Selenium, Cypress etc.
– Experience writing code that is easily readable, testable and maintainable.
– Ability to communicate effectively with others to break down, prioritize and deliver tasks.
– Problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
– A pragmatic approach, willingness to overcome obstacles and figure things out when information is limited.
– Practice continuous learning and self-improvement.
– Willingness to work in an Agile environment using Kanban and BDD practices.
– 25 days holiday
– Medical insurance
– Dental insurance
– Travel insurance
– Life cover
– Company pension
– Flexible and remote working
– Company bike scheme
Our Tech Stack
– AWS Cloud
– Python, Flask, OpenAPI
– TDD (Pytest)
– BDD (Behave)
– Microservices architecture, REST, Apache, Nginx
– FFMPEG, Unified Origin, Packager and Capture
– HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTP, HEVC, 4K, Low Latency
– Terraform, Jenkins, Packer, Ansible
– Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
We are a friendly team of individuals passionate about building great products with collaboration, innovation and respect for each other. We have an inclusive environment and believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace and better products.
We promote a good work life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social and sporting events organized within the team.
1. Informal phone conversation about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for each other.
2. A call with the Engineering Manager.
3. Technical remote pairing exercise with one of our senior engineers.
4. Face-to-face video call interview where we will ask you technical and competency-based questions
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.