Senior Frontend Software Engineer
M2A Media is a London based start-up employing bright and passionate individuals who build great software. Our clients are media organisations who want the speed, flexibility and scale that public cloud solutions offer. In addition to offering great products, we help our customers to break out of traditional ways of working and move to continuous delivery through test, release and deployment automation.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. We capture and deliver content for Channel Four, like C4 News and the Paralympics games, and surface that content on All4. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub it was also delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame-level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences. M2A also delivers VOD syndication workflows to clients like Britbox International.
Engineering at M2A is divided between core product development and client-facing solutions. Each area is split into multiple pods of five software experts, covering analysis, development, testing, deployment and DevOps. Solution engineering teams leverage the M2A core product set and combine them into bespoke solutions for clients.
At M2A Media we recognise the importance of development and operational excellence and our approach to building software puts solutions engineering right at the centre of what we do. Due to additional demand, we are forming a new solutions engineering pod and are looking for an experienced team lead to help grow and manage this new team.
As the Solutions engineering team lead you will be responsible for delivering discrete solutions to well-defined projects for M2A Media clients. Project examples are dynamic content insertion in live sports video streams, direct to consumer device media packaging and bespoke customer schedule integrations.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a cross-functional team of engineers delivering great experiences for users of our products
- Write high quality, testable, performant and secure software and APIs using Python
- Help architect and develop backend services, participating in all stages of the development process in collaboration with the team, from inception to delivery
- Work alongside the product manager and others to understand user’s needs and make improvements to the product
- Ensure code is high quality, scalable, secure, documented and follows best practices
- Participate in the code review process, pair programming and promote knowledge sharing in the team
- Mentor junior members of the team and promote a culture of best practices
- Gain experience of AWS cloud and broadcast video technologies
- 5+ years experience building and maintaining software applications written in Python
- Ability to work well in a team, collaborating effectively with others to solve problems
- Have a good understanding of fundamental and advanced programming techniques in Python
- Experience testing applications with a test driven approach using frameworks such as Pytest or similar
- Logical approach with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience using AWS or another cloud provider
- Experience working with APIs and Open API specification
- Terraform, Docker, Flask, knowledge of video processing and manipulation
We promote a good work-life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social and sporting events organized within the team.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS services, especially; Lambda, EC2, ECS, Step Functions, DynamoDB
- Python, Flask, OpenAPI
- TDD (Pytest) and BDD (Behave)
- Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
- 25 days holiday
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life cover
- Company pension
- Flexible and remote working
- Company bike scheme
1. An informal conversation about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for eachother.
2. Technical problem solving exercise with two members of the team (done remotely)
3. Face-to-face video call interview where we will ask you technical and competency-based questions.
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.