MEDIA SYSTEMS OPERATOR
At M2A Media we develop cloud-based software solutions used in the online video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, including DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame-level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
We are looking for a Media Systems Operator to be positioned within the 24/7 Operations team. You will be responsible for the operational integrity and availability of M2A’s applications, systems and services.
You will work with relevant stakeholders (both internal and external to M2A) to provide continuity and operational support as part of a 24/7 multidisciplinary team.
The role is shift based.
Reports to: Head of Operations
Department: 24/7 Operations
Base: London (travel may be required to customer/supplier sites)
What you’ll do
– Monitoring and maintaining the security, consistency, and availability of all supported systems & services.
– Identifying faults and issues and recommending appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate within agreed SLAs.
– Ensuring continuity and quality by owning the resolution of system issues. Tracking progress and escalating as appropriate until resolution reached within agreed SLAs.
– Implementing and maintaining appropriate contingency procedures, resource planning and deployment skills in response to planned and unexpected events.
– Managing, deploying and configuring the services which deliver content to the audience.
– Contributing to process development and best practice. Looking at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability.
– Understanding, in depth, the business processes supported by the systems.
– Creation, maintenance and ownership of operational documentation and communication associated with these processes.
– Provide technical advice and a troubleshooting function.
– Contributing positively to the objectives of the Operations team and M2A.
What you’ll bring
– A minimum of five years’ experience in an application support or systems support role.
– Experience with media management or within a broadcast media environment.
– Experience with Amazon Web Services or other “cloud” provider.
– Experience monitoring service, performance and capacity thresholds.
– Experience of application deployment, configuration and maintenance under multiple server operating system environments.
– Experience of video and audio encoding technologies.
– Experience in resolving problems across a multi platform environment.
– Experience in a support or customer-facing role.
– Willing to work flexible hours as befits the type of service provided.
– Experience of managing third parties.
– Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills allowing you to collaborate across teams and with external stakeholders.
– Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
– Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
– Good communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
– Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
– Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach.
– Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
We can offer you
We are a friendly team of people who are passionate about building great products with collaboration, innovation and respect for each other. We have an inclusive environment and believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace and better products.
We promote a good work-life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social and sporting events organised within the team.
– 25 days holiday
– Medical insurance
– Dental insurance
– Travel insurance
– Life cover
– Company pension – matched contributions up to 5%
– Flexible and remote working
– Company bike scheme
– Remote interview via Google Hangouts with our Head of Operations.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.