Lead Platform/Dev Ops Engineer
At M2A Media we develop cloud-based software solutions used in the online video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, including DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame-level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
We’re looking for an experienced individual to lead a small team of DevOps engineers responsible for providing the underlying platform and processes that enable the product teams to develop, deploy and run our product applications reliably and at scale.
Working closely with the product teams the team aims to provide a service platform with a range of capabilities covering automation, infrastructure provisioning, CI/CD, containerisation, security and optimising the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Key to driving our technology strategy forwards you will build and continually improve capabilities that drive the pace of change, and enable the business to test new products, pricing & ideas rapidly out in the marketplace.
What You’ll Do
– In conjunction with the Engineering and Development teams, help us evolve our AWS infrastructure in a safe, reliable, automated and cost-effective manner enabling the business to deploy products and capabilities rapidly.
– Enable developers to do their jobs more efficiently by identifying and implementing new processes, approaches and technologies (CI/CD best practices, Infrastructure as Code, Monitoring etc.)
– Be a core player in the Cloud & Engineering space, focusing on providing platforms and capabilities for others to use by running PoC with new technologies.
– Participate in planning efforts with stakeholders.
– Help define and enforce security guidelines for engineering work
– Lead a small team and successfully manage your teams’ tasks as well as your own according to the larger needs of the business
What You’ll Bring
– 3+ years experience working in DevOps ideally supporting Agile product development teams.
– Excellent understanding of DevOps-centric concepts.
– Excellent understanding of container technology, such as Docker.
– Good understanding of SDLC best practices, especially relating to modernCI/CD and monitoring.
– Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code / Desired State Configuration(Terraform, Ansible, etc).
– Good general infrastructure knowledge, including networking basics.
– Good general development skills in Python and Groovy.
– Experience with Linux process management (systemd or sysV) is a plus.
– Experience with containers (Kubernetes or Swarm) / service mesh / orchestration is a plus.
– Experience implementing and working with SRE concepts is a plus.
– AWS Certification is a bonus.
– Knowledge of AWS Well Architected framework is desirable.
– 25 days holiday
– Medical insurance
– Dental insurance
– Travel insurance
– Life cover
– Company pension
– Flexible and remote working
– Company bike scheme
1. Informal phone conversation about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for each other.
2. A call with the Engineering Manager.
3. Technical remote pairing exercise with one of our senior engineers.
4. Face-to-face video call interview where we will ask you technical and competency-based questions
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.