Frontend Software Engineer
At M2A Media we develop cloud-based software solutions used in the online video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, including DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame-level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
We are looking for an experienced front-end software engineer to join the engineering team and help develop the next phase of our cloud-based products.
What You’ll Do
– Contribute to the design and development of our product frontend application
– Write Angular code that is testable, performant, secure and of high quality
– Work in a cross-functional team of backend/frontend engineers, architects, testers, product and DevOps
– Participate in the software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
– Share knowledge and support team membersGet to know our business problems and gain specialist technical video and broadcast knowledge
What You’ll Bring
– Ideally, 2+ years experience working on frontend applications
– Experience writing code that is easily readable, testable and maintainable
– Ability to communicate effectively with others to break down, prioritize and deliver product features
– Analytical skills and attention to detailA pragmatic approach to problem-solving
– Preference for delivery of functioning code over perfection
– Practice continuous learning and self-improvement
– 25 days holiday
– Medical insurance
– Dental insurance
– Travel insurance
– Life cover
– Company pension
– Flexible and remote working
– Company bike scheme
Our Tech Stack
– TDD using Jasmine, integration testing using Cypress
– AWS, Terraform, Docker Compose
– Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
We are a friendly team of individuals passionate about building great products with collaboration, innovation and respect for each other. We have an inclusive environment and believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace and better products.
We promote a good work life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social and sporting events organized within the team.
1. An informal conversation about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for each other with the Talent Partner then with the Engineering Manager
2. Technical remote pairing exercise with two of our senior engineers
3. Face-to-face video call interview where we will ask you competency-based questions
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.