Backend Software Engineer
We are a startup company making software products that are an integral part of the video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, such as DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our cloud based systems are used to deliver top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join us as we expand the Product Engineering team.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a cross-functional team of engineers delivering great experiences for users of our products
- Write high quality, testable, performant and secure software components and APIs using Python
- Contribute to the design and development of backend services by being involved in all stages of the development process with the team, from inception to delivery
- Work alongside the product manager to understand user’s needs and make improvements to the product
- Be responsible for testing and shipping your code to production, making sure it meets requirements
- Ensure code produced is of a high quality and follows best practices
- Participate in the code review process, pair programming and sharing of knowledge in the team
- Gain experience of AWS cloud and broadcast video technologies
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining software applications written in Python
- Have a good understanding of fundamental programming techniques and patterns in Python
- Ability to work well in a team, collaborating effectively with others to solve problems
- Logical approach with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience testing applications using test frameworks such as Pytest or similar
Nice to have:
- Experience using AWS or another cloud provider
- Experience working with APIs and Open API specification
- Terraform, Docker, knowledge of video processing and manipulation
Our Frontend Tech Stack:
- AWS services, especially; Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, MediaLive, Elemental, MediaPackage
- Python, Flask, OpenAPI
- TDD (Pytest) and BDD (Behave)
- Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
We are a friendly team of individuals who are passionate about building great products with collaboration, innovation and respect for each other. We have an inclusive environment and believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace and better products.
We promote a good work life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social events organised within the team.
- 25 days holiday
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life cover
- Company pension
- Flexible and remote working
- Company bike scheme
- Informal phone conversation about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for each other.
- Technical remote pairing exercise with two members of the team (done remotely)
- Face-to-face video call interview where we will ask you competency based questions
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.